HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

Grey Ceiling on the Earth

Monday, February 6, 2012

Your Winter by Sister Hazel on Grooveshark


Winter came back this weekend.

The sky turned dark and rain drizzled incessantly.
The temperature dropped. Everything was grey.



As I reintroduced my water-resistant trench coat into my wardrobe and wrapped yet another scarf around my neck this weekend, shivering as we walked along the cold sidewalks of The Corner to stop by all of our favorite places and then return home to sit on the couch under a blanket, I was reminded that these sorts of weekends are, in fact, my favorites.

I mean, at least until Spring comes along.


"How beautiful a street is in winter! It is at once revealed and obscured. Here vaguely one can trace symmetrical straight avenues of doors and windows; here under the lamps are floating islands of pale light through which pass quickly bright men and women, who, for all their poverty and shabbiness, wear a certain look of unreality, an air of triumph, as if they had given life the slip, so that life, deceived of her prey, blunders on without them." --Street Haunting, Virginia Woolf

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote by Virginia Woolf.

    And that kind of weekend sounds perfect to me, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty, lady! Lazy, gloomy weekends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a little more Winter weather here! Some rain would be nice. :) Great pictures and I love those sequin flats.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a pretty good weekend - we got snow (at last) in London, and there is nothing better than lying on the sofa in front of the electric heater and watching some trashy TV...

    http://www.unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Your hair is beautiful. I have spring fever already, I'm ready to trade my wool coats for sundresses and am definitely ready for some warm sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is nice for it to actually FEEL like winter.

    but i did wear my flats out on friday and didn't care if my toes were cold. i was getting tired of stuffing them in BOOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i adore your blog! so happy i found it.
    -your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous. I would love a little bit of a "real winter" right now. Currently, it's almost 70 and we haven't really had a cool winter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. K I LOVE your blog! it is SO cute. Just had to throw that out there. In other news, where did you get your sequenced flats? I'm kind of obsessed
    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a pretty little post. happy monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a fun weekend! I like the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. as much as I love our 75 degree winter in southern california... i really do wish more rain and gloom graced us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. everytime i look at a picture of you i want bangs. like now. but i have a threehead (instead of a fourhead) so please be my friend and tell me not to do it because I will look like a dwarf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...