HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

Last Saturday Morning in Charlottesville

Monday, May 21, 2012

Because our lease doesn't actually end until the beginning of August, we sort of moved this weekend. A lot of our furniture is gone, and we packed up all of our clothes and school stuff, but there's still a lot of crap in our apartment.

Rob and I woke up around 9:00 on Saturday morning and got ready to go to the Farmer's Market, which was the last thing on my Charlottesville To-Do Before We Move List. We got some iced coffee, took a little walk around, said hello and goodbye to my friends at The Baker's Palette, and then walked over to The Nook for some breakfast on the patio. I had a crab and asparagus omelet. It was a beautiful thing.




  

It was sort of a perfect morning, and it wasn't even spoiled when we had to go home and pack up Rob's car until we couldn't see out the back window, then drive to Roanoke. We had an awesome dinner with my family, spent the night, and are now in Charlotte, North Carolina for a few days with Rob's parents.

This is our last week together before Rob goes to China for a month, so we're kind of on vacation. Get ready for photos!

Happy Monday, people.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I love that photo of punnets of strawberries! :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you're not the only one moving...I'm packing up right now too and heading away next weekend! Your photos are tantalizing by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farmers markets are the best way to spend a Saturday :) Looks like you had a lovely time! Have a nice staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love visiting farm markets in cities I visit, it's a MUST on my list of to-dos. I've never been to Charlottesvilles which is oddly upsetting to me. ;)

    Yay for having fun with the parents! Enjoy your time in North Carolina and give Rob lots of hugs and kisses. I'm sending lots of good travel vibes Rob's way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Saturday morning looks just about perfect. That omelette = omg deliciousness. The next time I'm in C'ville, I'm adding The Nook to my itinerary. ;)

    Have fun in Charlotte & enjoy the week!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, what a nice "end"! I love days like that. New things are exciting, but it's purposefully enjoying familiar things ( with the knowledge that you won't be doing that much longer) that means even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww hooray for a wonderful last weekend. enjoy your last week with rob!

    i sent out your penpal letter yesterday, btdubs. so look for that soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...