HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

Half the Sky Movement

Saturday, August 25, 2012

I feel really honored to be here today with the sole purpose of sharing a beautiful and important movement with you.

Press play.



Because I couldn't have said it better myself, I borrowed some words from the description of the above video:

"The Half the Sky movement is cutting across platforms to ignite the change needed to put an end to the oppression of women and girls worldwide, the defining issue of our time. Inspired by journalists Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn's book of the same name, Half the Sky brings together video, websites, games, blogs and other educational tools to not only raise awareness of women's issues, but to also provide concrete steps to fight these problems and empower women. Change is possible, and you can be part of the solution."

Let's make a difference! Start by getting involved:
Follow Half the Sky on Twitter.
Like them on Facebook.
Subscribe to the Half the Sky Youtube channel.
(And make a donation while you're there).
Get the book.

--

This post (+ my sharing on social media) was inspired by my participation in a compensated program initiated by Women Online/The Mission List to raise awareness about the Half the Sky. All commentary and opinions are, of course, my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...