HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

Friday Favorites (11)

Friday, December 7, 2012

[This one is called Megan, on Monday.]

Take a peek at a few links I've loved this week:

Jigsaw London's Holiday Handbook is beyond magical. I love everything this company does, and I can't get over how wonderful their products and customer service are. The handbook is full of gift ideas, recipes, crafts, and outfit ideas that are just perfect for this holiday season!

Sorry, Vegans! I thought this article was super interesting, and it made me even happier with my Paleo lifestyle choices.

Reading about things like this makes me feel so hopeful about the next generation of girls.

Say hi to some Freckled Italian sponsors:
Danielle is an adorable West Virginian living in Seattle (one of my favorite cities!) with her husband, and Kelly was born and raised in New Jersey and now lives in Pittsburgh. They both have sweet lifestyle blogs and you should go meet them this weekend!

Young Latino Students Don't See Themselves in Books--you definitely have to do a little searching to find some diversity in Children's Literature. Studies show that being able to relate to characters is really important, and so many kids don't get it.

Will someone get me a furry snood for Christmas, please?

This helpful dog sends me into fits of laughter. What a sweetheart!

--

I'm off to northern Virginia again, this time for a housewarming party and Rob's office holiday party! On Saturday, Melissa and I are getting our hair done at Drybar and I absolutely can't wait. And I have a great dress. And shoes. I love any excuse to get all dressed up, but I think it's really going to be fun. What are you up to this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. That picture of you is gorgeous! Happy weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read about the girls of today, and what has made you so happy about your Paleo choice!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, now I want all of the things in the Jigsaw lookbook!

    and thanks for sharing the Easy Bake article. that girl ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love the helpful dog. Funny.

    Love!
    http://insunshineandshadowsmew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that snood! I want a red knit one!

    xo, Kenzie

    www.CaveGirlintheCity.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drybar! Now that I'm so close to the city, I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your profile photo, so original and fun..and the photo of the curls. Need to learn how to curl my hair one day! Anyways, stopping by from Tammy's blog to say hello and have a wonderful time at that party! Excited to see how the hair turns out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh my boyfriend lives in Northern VA too! Fairfax to be exact :) Luckily you're not as far away as I am lol. Stopping by from Tammy's blog through the Follow Friday link up! Can't wait to see pics of your outfit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. so jealous of your fancy party. I expect pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I'm glad someone actually wrote an article about how meat is the reason we were able to evolve bigger brains. I feel like telling that to people any time they go on about how we shouldn't eat meat. Those people would have been genetic dead ends back then haha. Human evolution is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...