HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

Life Lately According to Instagram (#23) + Friday Favorites (32)

Friday, November 8, 2013

Sometimes I feel like a really good planner, with my little editorial calendar and notebook filled to the brim with ideas and paragraphs from essays I want to write, and then sometimes I look at the calendar and realize it's November 8th and I haven't shared my Instagram recap for October, which I know some of you don't care for but I really like. So today I'm wrapping Life Lately According to Instagram into a Friday Favorites post--two series that I don't pay regular enough attention to, but love too much to do away with. I hope you enjoy.


1-4. My mom came to visit and then my cousin and her mom came to visit at the same time.
5. Rob's brother Dan came the following weekend and we toured breweries in the cities.
6. I showed you favorites from all three locations of our engagement shoot: One | Two | Three
7. Discovered one of our new favorite restaurants, which I'll show you more of next week.
8. Spent more time than usual in St. Paul. This cathedral is my favorite.
9. Went to a petting zoo at an apple orchard and met the sweetest donkey.
10. Addressed and sent out our Save-the-Dates! Six months til the wedding!
12. Been loving our little living room setup lately.


Life Lately According to Instagram is a once-monthly feature in which I showcase my favorite Instagram shots. You can follow along with me in real-time if you'd like--I'm @megan_flynn.

--

And now for some links!

Culture and Inspiration
Sleeping Stranger Subway Picture On Q Train Defines Empathy And Is A Lesson In Being Good.
This piece on writing for a living was motivating to me: Slaves of the Internet, Unite!
Loved this sweet baby with passion eyes so much.
Artist Puts Disney Princess Filter On 10 Real Life Female Role Models. This whole thing is good, but I wanted to quote a section here because it really spoke to me: "Fiction is the lens through which young children first perceive role models, so we have a responsibility to provide them with a diverse and eclectic selection of female archetypes. Now, I'm not even saying that girls shouldn't have princesses in their lives...but there should be more options to choose from. So that was my intent, to demonstrate how ridiculous it is to paint an entire gender of heroes with one superficial brush."

Food and Some Reading
I can't get over how awesome these Epic Bars seem. I need to get some and try them out!
An interesting read: Broccoli's Extreme Makeover.
This looks like a really interesting read--I'm putting it on my list!
A new blog to check out: The Happy Type

Other Stuff
I want this pumpkin chai candle!
Sponsored: I'm working with Bing's Smart Search this month. Do you use it?
I thought this was so interesting: Swedish cinemas take aim at gender bias with Bechdel test rating.
Anyone have any ideas for Tara?
Edward Cullen is the worst boyfriend ever--but I think we already knew that. Here are 19 reasons why.
I can't wait to meet up with Eliza and do some collaborating with her photography business a bit when I'm home for Thanksgiving.

Quote of the Week
Those who make compassion an essential part of their lives find the joy of life. Kindness deepens the spirit and produces rewards that cannot be completely explained in words. It is an experience more powerful than words. To become acquainted with kindness one must be prepared to learn new things and feel new feelings. Kindness is more than a philosophy of the mind. It is a philosophy of the spirit. --Robert J. Furey


--

What's everyone up to this weekend? 
We have nothing planned and I think it's going to be great.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. of course I thought of you when I saw the princess story! (and I sort of loved the Gloria Steinem.) I really appreciated this link list, ms. megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked out Cave Girl Consulting -- and I'm in love with it! Such a genius idea, and gorgeous branding :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...