HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

Music for the Holidays

Monday, December 23, 2013

I have a guest post for you today from sweet Kate of Thoroughly Modern. She's put together a Christmas playlist for you to enjoy this week, so I hope you love it!

Hello, Freckled Italian readers! My name is Kate and I blog over at Thoroughly Modern. I refer to it as a "lifestyle" blog because it really doesn't fit neatly into any other category. I write about pop culture, our sweet goldendoodle, how to act like a Power Couple, and the occasional  recipe vlog, just to name a few!

 photo 18a347f1-5120-4278-a0d8-dbd53e73f8ac_zpsb228591c.jpg
Sometimes, I even pretend to be fashionable
Out of all of the topics I write about, my favorite is music--it is one of very few things in this world that can make my heart fill with emotion. Sometimes I like to pretend I'm a music snob, but I love Katy Perry, Tay Tay, and other fun music just as much as the next girl.

Christmas music is incredibly special to me, as dorky as that sounds. You know how it's said that scent ties strongly to memory? While I believe that to be true, I also believe that a certain song can trigger memories just as easily as any old smell, and for me, that holds especially true for Christmas music.

 photo 7e251389-3c51-4f59-9506-66f8c40959eb_zpsb96ac3f0.jpg
Can you spot me? I'm OBVI the one in the all pink, Little Mermaid outfit. Even at a young age, I was a style icon.
Just a few notes, and I'm instantly transported back to childhood, the soft glow of the Christmas lights in the background, cookies baking in the oven, and the pleasant smell of fires burning in chimneys all over the countryside. I'm reminded of running wild all over my grandparents' house with my cousins, putting on my prettiest dress for Christmas Eve mass, and sipping sparkling cider in wine glasses so we could feel like adults. Christmas music brings me back to seasons past, times of warmth and love, and the belief in magic and miracles, even in the shortest, darkest days of the year.

You won't hear too much from me on my blog this week, as I'm taking a few days off to spend time with my family (like Megan, I'm also spending Christmas in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of SWVA). But, you can probably find me on Instagram and Twitter, and I will be back to blogging when I return to Nova. For now, I leave you with a playlist of my very favorite holiday songs for you on this Christmas week--I hope it warms your heart and overwhelms you with the happiest of memories.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

All Love,

Kate

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of holiday music, so this is perfect for me! Thank you!

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...