HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

I Will Take the Early Train & I Will Make It Home

Monday, November 14, 2011

Widows Peak by Dashboard Confessional on Grooveshark


Sometimes it's four PM on Friday and you don't have to be at work until two the next day and you look at your boyfriend and say, so should we go to Roanoke tonight? And then you pack your bags and don't tell anyone you're leaving and you slip away for seventeen hours and you've been working so much lately that it almost feels like vacation.

My mom opened a bottle of wine and made pesto. My dad picked out a movie for us to watch together. Rocky looked pitiful and cute with a cone around his head to keep him from licking some new stitches on his little leg. And then our neighbor brought Reese over--a new puppy--for a little meet and greet. The next morning I woke up and wrapped a big scarf around my shoulders as I headed down to the dock to spend some time with the cold morning fog that sits on the lake.

We drink mate in my house.


Seventeen hours isn't enough. But sometimes, it's better than nothing.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect :) Hope you're Monday is off to a great start!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that sounds like just what you needed. glad you had a magical weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful weekend! Sometimes you just need a break like that. I'm now dying to go to Roanoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfect day. you are the best writer. i promise i'm not just saying that!

    i realized that we have less than a month left! too excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never enough time whenever you go back home. What a lovely getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatiful fall pictures, and your description of your 17 hours sounded perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you write. You make it sound so perfect :) Pesto and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds blissful. and omg that puppys face. i want to nuzzle it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of the lake is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...