HOME       ABOUT       WHAT I WORE       RECIPES       FAQ       CONTACT       SPONSOR       BLOGROLL             
- Freckled Italian has moved, find me here! -

Twin Cities Brunch | Modern Times Cafe in Minneapolis

Tuesday, January 7, 2014


Alright you guys, I'm finally going to introduce you to my favorite place. Modern Times is the most amazing brunch spot in Minneapolis and I would go every day if I could. They have fantastic coffee and the best menu. The window outside says "Organic - Vegan - Vegetarian - Fair Trade - Carnivore" and they seriously mean it. They also have delicious gluten-free toast, so I just really do brunch while I'm there.

All of the food looks, smells, and probably is amazing, but we always order pretty much the exact same thing. Sometimes I get a latte with whole milk (the only thing they don't seem to have is almond milk), but most of the time I'm happy with their coffee (they serve coffee fresh out of a French press all day). Rob always gets the Deadwood Scramble and I get a gluten-free Croque John Paul (pictured below) without cheese.



As you can probably tell already, I can't recommend this place enough. We take everyone who visits us here at least once, and then I daydream about it until we go back again. If you're ever in the area, make sure you stop by for breakfast or brunch one day; but don't you dare go without me!

Modern Times Cafe
3200 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Food 5/5
Service 4/5
Atmosphere 5/5
Prices & Specials 3/5
Paleo-Friendly 5/5

7 comments:

  1. I've just found your blog and I love it. I love your "what I wore posts" you've got a great style and an enviable watch collection haha. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! I am famous for going to restaurants already knowing what I'm going to order. If I know I like it, why bother having something new, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! This looks so good! My next trip to the cities, I'm definitely going to use your blog as a guide!

    jamiepilgrim.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you make me want to visit Minneapolis! Love all of your restaurant reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding this to my must-go brunch list. I can't believe I haven't checked this place out yet-- it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...